Monday, August 1, 2011

Get Excited People!

Before I got married, I had a cute little house with a wonderful roommate (herein referred to as mermer) and more importantly, a craft room.

(Exhibit A-cute house)

(Exhibit B-Oh wait, thats Terrell Owens. crying. )


And here she was. Yes, I know my craft room is messy. It's a craft room and I happened to be mid-craft when this particular picture was taken, so to expect anything other than a little disheveled would be expecting way too much. The point is, I had my space, my always worked in, much loved, space. Currently, my embroidery and sewing machine are in the basement-the unfinished, dusty, Greta-zone, so anytime I want to sew, monogram, craft, whatever, I have to go downstairs, bring everything up (which involves a number of trips, because I just can't carry everything! Cue the violins...NOW) do what I'm going to do, take everything down stairs, repeat (because I never finish in one sitting).

After we got married, Husband told me that the crafting would have to stay in the basement. I cried, I threw fits, I did things to antagonize him (like when he would need pants hemmed, or a button sewn onto a shirt, I would just say, "Oh honey, I would love to, but I just don't have the energy to bring my machine upstairs")...I missed my craft room, my little oasis...

Well, Husband moved his business into an office space in Buckhead, which means our back bedroom is back to being a bedroom. He gave me the thumbs up to set up my machines in the spare bedroom-so I'll have a pseudo craft room again! Hooray! But, Husband, if you are reading this, I PROMISE I will not take this for granted!


Oh, and this was my roommate, Hankie-Poo. He use to stare me down like this whenever I went to the bathroom.

No comments: