Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Rule #1-When an Earthquake Strikes...

Do as much online shopping as you possibly can, especially if a Lilly sale coincides with the potential rapture.

Yes, I was in the middle of an earthquake. well, maybe not in the middle, more like on the southern half of an earthquake, but it was a quake non the less (I can call it a "quake" because I am a survivor). At approx 1:55 p.m. EST, I was sitting at my desk, doing some nonchalant online shopping, when I felt my desk begin swaying back and forth.
Said desk, post earthquake swaying.

Convinced someone was jacking with me (Because people sure love to jack with Steffy BadNews) I stood up and said in a demanding tone "WHO IS SHAKING MY DESK".

Well, it turns out God was shaking my desk. I quickly apologized to God, asked him to please save the rapture until my Lilly purchases come in and sat back down to continue my work/online shopping/fantasy football draft research. Its bad enough I accused my wonderful co-workers of shaking my desk when it was, in fact, an act of God...no sense in drawing more attention to myself. (PS-I thought I was going to hurl...I've got a very sensitive inner ear)

Anywho, on to the important stuff...what did I buy during this most fabulous Lilly sale/possible rapture?


Murfee Scarf, Itam Apricot


Jillie Dress, Jewel Green (For MerMer's wedding)


Josie Tunic


Janine Top (Had to get it in Pink, they were sold smack out of everything else...but I like pink, so its ok)

Commence oooohhhs and aaaaahhhhs. On another note, we are not broadcasting this recent purchase to Husband. I had to hustle hard to make this dough and I'm not going to let the ole' ball and chain make me feel bad for wanting to be pretty.

No comments: