Sunday, August 21, 2011

Miss Me?!

I know you did, all 3 of you. This weekend has been full of excitement and adventure with no signs of slowing down! I spent the better portion of the week researching and shopping for a new rug for the living room and, honestly, I was starting to get discouraged. Everything I saw that I liked was either 1.) more than I wanted to spend or 2.) not the right size. It appeared that I would have to suck it up and spend more money than I wanted to, or buy sight unseen (and I wasn't going to buy something that I had never seen or felt...so the latter was out of the question).

So I did what any good Southern Woman would do, I took off work and I shopped. I shopped until my feet went numb. It was awesome! First up, Tuesday Morning. I've never paid much attention to their rug selection, but I know they have them, and a lot of them, on the cheap, so I figured, why not?

Tuesday Morning had this beaut, it was the right size, though I probably wouldn't pick the brown border. It was also sisal and while I wasn't originally opposed to sisal, I thought it was incredibly rough and scratchy. It was $159, but out of the question.


Tuesday Morning also has a full sized Santa, if anyone is interested.

Next up was Ballard's Backroom and all I can say is, "What rock have I been living under??!!" Ballard's Backroom is the Ballard's Design outlet and they have a TON of scratch and dent and discontinued stuff-This week all of their slipcovers were 90% off, outdoor patio stuff was 50% off (one woman bought an 11 foot outdoor umbrella for 49 including tax!!) and their rugs were 30% off. I was a woman on a mission so I headed straight to the rug section. At first, all I could find were sisal rugs (even at Ballard's, they were really scratchy) and a couple of seagrass rugs (which I liked, but they all had red borders...which I wasn't 100% sold on). Slightly deflated, I pondered just buying the scratchy rug, because, you know, maybe it would get less scratchy as it aged. Just then, a Ballards employee came up to me and said, "You know, if you are thinking about that rug, might I suggest looking at this one over here? It's much softer".


And he rolled it out...(this one was 6x9)

And I walked on it...

Sold.

So here is the living room before (well, kind of before, I was so excited I started rolling the old rug up before I took a picture to so everyone)



And after: (I purchased the 8x10)


Total cost, $162, including tax. I love my new rug..I think it makes the room look so much nicer!






No comments: