Thursday, August 11, 2011

Enough.

Last night, after hydrating my fruitless garden, I noticed I was itching.

I looked closer and noticed my knees had welts/bumps and was super red. This could only mean one thing...dun dun duuuuunn.



Poison Ivy.

When I told Husband I thought I had gotten into some poison ivy, he made me shower immediately. Which is probably why the rash is not bad. Or I might just not be allergic to poison ivy (I don't know if thats even possible). Deathly allergic to wasps, not even slightly allergic to posion ivy?

When I was a young'un (thats what you call kids in south georgia) I talked my friend Missy into rubbing poison ivy all over herself while I did the same. This was our plot to get out of having to go to school the next day. (Genius, I know!) It worked for Missy, she was out of school for a week with a horrible rash from head to toe...she even had it in her mouth! I, on the other hand, was at school, without so much as a hint of a tingle of a reaction to the supposedly poisonous plant. So either I got into some faulty ivy or I'm not allergic.

Weird.

So, I've decided that the only logical place that I could have been exposed to poison ivy is in the backyard. This means the time has come to do some botanical demolition to the backyard, because god forbid my li' princess get into this stuff! Break out the bobcats, its on like donkey kong.

No comments: