Wednesday, July 20, 2011

While I'm at it...

For some reason, the idea of this blog has really energized me and gotten me totally pumped about everything! Actually, I lie, approx 3 hours ago I was having a bona fide hissy fit, since my car A/C has been on the fritz since last summer. Living in Atlanta, I'm sure you're wondering how I have survived this long driving a car with no A/C in a city with a summer heat index of 100 degrees? Well, my A/C doesn't work half of the time. The other half, it does work. It's only when it isn't working that I have a meltdown (I'm witty, I know). But, the glorious thing about ADD is it works both ways-I quickly forget my car A/C doesn't work (half the time) when I'm not in it. So, since I have been inside for the past 3 hours, I've had time to chill (get it?) and refocus my attention to more positive things, like pintrest ...



Pintrest is to girls what dirty magazines are to boys. If you aren't careful, you'll find yourself pinning when you should be doing your homework. When I was younger, like most girls, I had a three ring binder full of pictures of my future husband (John Bon Jovi, don't judge), future children, future wedding dress (I just KNEW I was going to wear the same dress Kim Basinger wore in "My Step-Mother is an Alien)...you get the picture.





Now, instead of a notebook, I have boards filled with pictures of my future kitchen, my future laundry room, my future projects, my future nursery...


It's an amazing source of inspiration and as a result, my brain is kind of on overload. There are so many things I want to make, I really don't know where to begin! There's an amazing tutorial for DIY roman shades (remind me to post a picture of my first attempt at roman shades...pitiful to say the least!) and this super cool picture frame thing with drawer hardware attached so you can hang jewelry. Oh! And hairbows, you know, for my future daughter's hair...

No comments: