Friday, July 22, 2011

Husbands

I love my husband. He is the most amazing, compassionate, charming wonderful man and he is the perfect partner for me. He's smart, he's funny and he is an impeccable dresser. But he is a rascal if there ever was one...and here is why.


On my way home from work last night, I stopped by Awesome Publix (the new Publix at Town Brookhaven-Ahhhhh-Maaaayyyy-ZINGGGGG!) and picked up a little something to cook for dinner. As im walking to my car, I notice the sky is an ominous gray and hurry home to unload the groceries before the heavens open up. I get the groceries unloaded, the chicken in the oven, Greta Belle fed and relieved, and finally sit down on the couch to enjoy my wine and a little "True Life-I hate my roommate" (totally serious).

Husband comes home, super psyched about his day, super psyched about my cooking...not super psyched to see "True Life-I hate my roommate" on the TV. Husband and I don't exactly see eye to eye when it comes to reality television (I can occasionally get him to watch "Swamp People" but only as a special favor to me). He implores me, "Pleeeeeaaaase, lets watch the news!" (only tv I love more than toddlers and tiaras is the local news), so I'm like, you know, I could use a little Brenda Wood right now, lets do it-11 Alive it is! (PS-11 Alive is not my favorite. I am OBSESSED with CBS Better Mornings Atlanta. That Jennifer Valdez is just so charming...I would totally be her BFF..)

Mistake #1-Not getting Husband to specify the kind of "news" we'd be watching. Yes, folks, that's sports center.


Husband-1, Stephie Bad News-0.

No comments: