Friday, July 29, 2011

So I have an idea...

So, I have really been wanting an old, vintage steamer trunk to use as a coffee table.
But I have been struggling to find one that is 1.)inexpensive 2.) the right size 3.) not a total piece of garbage...I'm thinking about going in a different direction. That direction, you wonder?


Be still my heart! Oh Restoration Hardware, how I adore thee!

But, I don't like the color, or the material, or the height and I think this would be a fun project to DIY. (It doesn't hurt that I saw a similar DIY on pintrest today, which really pumped up the confidence level) So, here is what I'm thinking...

Purchase 4 table legs from Lowes like this:


Attach the legs to a plywood or mdf square, put some foam padding on top and upholster that b.

Famous last words-how hard could it be??!!

No comments: